About the Job
Assists the Watch Engineer in operating, maintaining and repairing the vessel engineering and dredging equipment
- Routinely makes rounds while logging the condition of the equipment
- Report any unusual machinery operations to the engineer
- Maintain the cleanliness of engine spaces and equipment
- Ensure oil pressure and temperature levels are kept at their proper state
- Participate in all repairs and maintenance projects during idle periods
- Perform duties as directed by the Watch Engineer such as, but not limited to, grease machinery and take soundings for storage tanks
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work a rotational work schedule of 21/21
- Ability to live aboard vessel for full rotation
- Microsoft Office Suite (preferred)
- Merchant Mariners Credential with the following endorsements: QMED – Oiler, Basic Training, STCW Medical Certificate, Able Seafarer - Engine, VPDSD – Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Codes, RFPEW – Rating Forming Part of an Engineering Watch, TWIC – Transportation Worker Identification Credential
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the schedule and shift look like?
We work 21 days on, 21 days off, 12 hour days.
Does the company cover travel costs?
Yes, and we will even book your roundtrip flight and rental car or airport transfer.
Are there growth opportunities?
Weeks Marine dredging promotes from within which creates room for growth and allows for opportunities to advance your career.
Are there any physical requirements?
Before you start, you'll need to take a pre-employment physical (USCG 719K) and drug screen. You’ll also need to be able to lift up to 50lbs, endure all weather conditions and rough seas, stand for long periods of time, climb, and tolerate vibrations and high noise levels.
What is the pay?
The pay for our hopper dredge positions is consistent with Master Mates & Pilots union rates.
What is the culture like?
Our large-scale projects across North America provide great opportunity for growth, travel and experience, and despite this grand scope, we still offer direct access to leadership and a warm family culture.